Uncle Death is a character from the free-to-play video game, Let It Die. He acts as the guide for the player and the game's mascot.
The player character first meets Uncle Death at the train station leading to the Tower of Barbs. He constantly refers to them as 'Senpai' in both Japanese and English versions. Nevertheless, he gives them the Underworld Rolodex and helps guide them along throughout the tutorial level. When the player character ends up getting shot in the back, Uncle Death easily kills the sniper via slicing his head off.
He is later shown to be in the real world of this universe, where he introduces the game as "probably the greatest game ever made." It is unknown if this Uncle Death is that of a cosplayer/fan or the actual Death. Either way, he watches you play via the Death Drive 128 in the Hated Arcade.
Throughout the game, he offers encouragement at the arcade. In-game Death will also collect any of the player carcasses and is in charge of the Freezer, as well as offering "Uncle Prime," a daily, free gift given every 19 to 24 hours.
Appearance and Personality
Uncle Death adorns skeleton gloves, a pair of sunglasses that typically range from being spirals to 3D glasses, a giant, black coat/hoodie with yellow segments, black tights, and black and yellow tennis shoes. He constantly has with him a golden scythe and skateboard with the 'Let It Die' logo. Compared to other characters, he is of a shorter stature.
Powers and Abilities
- Despite being the mentor, he refers to the player character as 'senpai' which can translate as either "master," "upperclassman," or "boss." This may either be because he's an employee at Yotsuyama Enterprises (the boss, to be exact) or that he genuinely cares for the player as shown with the ending.
- Uncle Death appears to be in charge of the official Let It Die twitter account.
- Naomi Detox, despite her dislike for "goth" things, finds Uncle Death to be cute (at least appearance wise).
- In the arcade and his introduction cutscene, the whites of his eyes can be seen, though its nigh impossible to see the color of his eyes in-game due to the multiple glasses he adorns throughout the game. Despite this, he claims to not have any organs (at least internal).
- His character is likely a reference to the Swedish film The Seventh Seal due to his accent in the English release, his black coat, him watching the player play a game in the arcade, and his later revealed role in the story.
- The player is able to obtain Uncle Death's Scythe, but must reach the top of the tower first, thus removing its usefulness.
- In 2018, for April Fools, a prank game by the name of Let It Date was announced in which the player could date Uncle Death. Of course, this was just an April Fools joke and will never happen.