Republic (also known as the the Special Security Unit, Special Forces Unit, Public Safety and various similar names) is a covert ops mobile task force and part of the Public Security Department of the Administrative Inspection Office in The Silver Case. They are the main protagonists of case#0:lunatics, as well as a flashback sequence in case#1:decoyman.
Members[edit | edit source]
- Daigo Natsume (commander)
- Kenichi Sakamoto
- Haruhiko Inomata
- Akira (until case#2:spectrum; transferred to Heinous Crimes Unit)
- Sakura Natsume (until case#5:lifecut; transferred to Heinous Crimes Unit)
- Shinkai Tsuki (transferred to Regional Adjustment Bureau)
History[edit | edit source]
Not very much is known about Republic, but one thing that is known is that the chief, Daigo Natsume, personally took in his agents, often from criminal backgrounds. Republic is generally sent out when a dangerous criminal is on the loose, which causes some rivalry with the Heinous Crimes Unit due to overlapping specialties. Republic agents wear military-esque combat uniforms and have a letter system to specify what grade armaments and equipment they can use on a given mission. They travel around in a white van with their name and logo on it.
In the game, they are shown on two missions. The first was to chase and apprehend or kill Ryo Kazan at the Cauliflower building, which they succeed at, though only due to the help of Tetsugoro Kusabi. The second was to capture Ayame Shimohira (although they believed their target to be Kamui Uehara instead). While hunting Ayame through the forest, Republic becomes spatially disoriented and Ayame attacks them. She kills half of the team and puts Daigo into a coma, which he is never shown to recover from. Akira, the sole survivor, is traumatized by these events and goes mute; thus, Republic is effectively destroyed, further cemented by both Akira and new recruit Sakura joining the HC Unit later in the game.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- It seems that Sakura never went on any actual missions in her time as a Republic agent, as she was only just graduating from college at the beginning of the game. The lack of an actual team to work with is probably why Central was able to send her to the HC Unit.